Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

I Can't See the Forest........

......Because I can't find the tree! I dug in boxes, under boxes, around boxes and behind boxes. I still haven't found the tree. I think that I may have tossed it at the time of one of my cleaning frenzies. Needless to say, I am not a happy camper. I thought that I would whip out a Christmas box in an afternoon. It's not turning out that way.


The more that I look at Santa, the more I think that he isn't happy in his Victorian garb. When I made him that type of Santa was in. It seems to me that for the past couple of years the style has gone back to the bright red with white fur that was the only way to go when I was a kid. He had to have a big black belt with a gold buckle and black boots. I think that he wants to dress like the Coca Cola Santa. Tradition.


This morning I bought a back up Christmas tree at Wal Mart. I am not at all happy with it. It will need a lot of work if I use it. It's one of those bottle brush trees and pre-decorated. It will have to be torn apart and reworked completely.


I did find green wallpaper for the inside of the box. I am still striking out on the fireplace. I may be rethinking the whole thing. Bah Humbug!


This is what makes me think that the tree is no longer with us. I may have taken all of the ornaments off and dumped it. My only other question is, if that is the case, where are the strings of lights. I had a couple of those. They are nowhere to be found either. The plot thickens and the mystery deepens.


Here are a few of the ornaments. I thought you might like to try some. They are very easy. I cut the fans an other floral pieces from Victorian stationary that I had. I glued them to either pieces of gold foil doilies or in the case of the fans, lace edging. Then I added a tassel to the bottom of each one. I give instructions for making the tassels here. http://caseymini.blogspot.com/2008/08/tassels-101.html Poke the picture to see them better. But then if the Victorian Santa costume is out, maybe the ornaments are too.


The angel and the snowman head are both made with shrink plastic. They were inked, colored and cut about twice as large as I wanted the finished ornament. After they shrunk, I just glued them to the tree. No fuss. No bother.


I am now going to go sulk in a corner and refrain from tearing up my room any further. Maybe if I stare at the shelves the tree will magically appear and my Santa will change his clothes. After all, Christmas is coming. I can at least wish.......


See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

rosanna said...

How well I understand you!
I never find anything and I don't even have a work room but just a table and a few boxes!
Let me present to you, I'm Rosanna from Italy and I'm following your blog by a bit of time. I love stiching too and have some :-( rugs to finish but I often see new thing and I let my head go astray... Thank you for sharing your work and goobye Rosanna