Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Box.....What Christmas Box???

I am flusterated(one of my daughter's favorite words when she was little). I think that word is much better that frustrated. At least it describes my feelings exactly. I can't find the Christmas tree and nothing else seems to go together. I am just going to put out the Christmas Kitchen Island instead. That way I will have a longer time span to finish the box. Twelve months is better than one.
I went back to work on the basket shop this morning. It now has shelves in the left alcove. Don't tell anybody. The curve at the top was not cut exactly straight. It seems especially noticeable at this angle. The shelves are level. It's the curve that is off. Oh well. It's French country. Lots of wine for the workmen. The plasterers were plastered. It's a good story and I'm sticking with it.
The shelves were made from a piece of bass wood flooring that I had stained for another project somewhere along the line. It has uneven planks marked into it. I simply used the lines as guides for cutting lengthwise. Then I cut them cross wise with my miter box and saw.
When I started the other side I decided that it would be boring to have just shelves on both ends of the shop. I put in a seat at the bottom and a couple of shelves at the top.
I am still not sure that I like the color. It doesn't play well with the light terracotta color on the outside of the building. I may have to repaint it.
As usual, I couldn't wait until it was finished to see how a few baskets fit on the shelves.
I think that it is going to work much better than the shadow box that I have the baskets displayed in at the present time. It's one of those "One thing leads to another" times though. Now I will have to think of something else to put into the shadow box. Around in circles I go......
See you tomorrow.

No comments: