Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, November 28, 2008

Where's Santa?

About a month ago I bought a Christmas box at Home Goods that I thought would be ideal for a room. The part that is recessed in the front will be easy to remove and then I will have, essentially, a framed room box. I may even have a piece of glass that will fit the hole somewhere around here. The inside is lined with the same red plaid and it has the same Christmas tree printed on the back wall. I will have to cover that. Other that that, it will be pretty easy to do.
I had a scene in a bag that I made for Christmas years ago. It was getting pretty worn. I tore it apart a while ago and put the Christmas goodies in a box. The box was too small for Santa and the tree. Soooo..... I stashed the Santa and the tree in two separate places. Of course I did...... I was playing "Where's Waldo" with Santa Claus this morning. I looked high and low in the workroom. I finally found him in with some landscaping materials. I think that he is contemplating taking up gardening in the off season. Maybe he can grow a new tree.......I still haven't found even one branch of the tree. Logically, it should be with landscaping. Nope. So now I have to play "Where's Waldo" some more. I know it's in there. I just don't know where.

I think that Santa Baby needs some updating on his outfit. I don't like the shiny black trim anymore. I thought it looked pretty nifty at the time. Now, not so much.

I went around gathering up other things that I thought that would go in the scene. A Friend built this fireplace and it is really nice, but I am afraid that it is too small for Santa. I think that Santa would get stuck in the chimney for sure in this one. I think that I am going to have to find or build something more substantial for him. Too bad.
I found the box with the Christmas goodies. Still no tree. It is making me a little nervous. There are some decorations from the tree in this box, as well as all of the presents that were under it. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I didn't decide to dispose of it in a fit of cleaning.
Right now, I am thinking that I may have to make a new one. I hope that it doesn't come to that. I am going to go hunt some more now. Wish me luck.
See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

What a great idea Casey.. Can't wait to see the finished result. I have the same trouble finding my Mini's and can relate to doing the whole search thing. Your Tree will be where you least expect it..