Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Stocking Up!

This morning, four of us went over to SAS.  We stocked up on leather for minis.

I don't know if this is a chain or if it is a single store, but if there is one in your area, they are the best place to get leather for minis.

They sell scrap leather for 7.99 a pound. They also sell lace and ribbons for very reasonable prices.

Two of us had been there before and the other two had not.  It is like turning a kid loose in a candy store, the first time you go in there.  You don't know which way to turn first.

The two of us that had been there before headed straight to the back of the store to the leather boxes. They have nine big boxes in a tic tack toe shape back there and you can dig in them to your heart's content, I will be making purses for years  on what I bought today. Yay!!!

When I got home I sorted the leather and then put away the FIVE new watches that I got at Goodwill yesterday. I took a chance on one of the big jars that they sell for $9.99.  Yesterday was a senior day so I got 20 percent off... Not a bad haul for $7.99.

Now all I have to do is get out the beads and start designing.  The black watch on top is one that I got for $7.99 at Walmart.  That's my favorite.  Now, if I do it right, I will have five more favorites.

But before I do that, I need to finish sorting this mess, so that I can start knitting socks again.  And maybe a couple of hats and scarves too.

Back to the sorting and organizing.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: