Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, December 17, 2017

For the Birds!

Remember when I put the Forest Fantasy Cottage outside? I decided to try to make it useful out there...

It was looking pretty sad until this morning.

I cleaned it up some and decided to make it useful for the birds...

I sprinkled birdseed in front of it and up the steps.  Then more seed inside.

It has been raining since the middle  of the night. I felt sorry  for the little wet birds.  They were sitting all over the back yard with their puffed up feathers, trying to keep warm...

So. I thought that they would like a place to get out of the cold and have a bite to eat...

Well. It sounded like a good idea at the time.

Now I am not so sure...
Immediately, the doves took over. The "Head Dove" took over the outside and wouldn't let anyone else on the table... Then three others came at her all at once.  She let them join her... I think that discretion is the better part of valor in this case.  She was either going to let them join her or she was going to have to run for her life!

By this time there was an army of doves on the ground and one had gotten inside through the side and taken over the living room.  No place for her to hide!

There are now an army of doves and the poor smaller birds are excluded altogether.  Thank goodness for the bird feeder to the left.

So much for my vision of everyone living in peace and sharing the shelter...

There is even a waiting line of doves on the top of the fence.

I give up... No more playing peacemaker for me.

It's every bird for himself!

I am going back to work on Christmas presents for real people! They are more co-operative.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Oh my goodness! I don't particularly care for doves. Like pigeons. But I can see what you were trying to do. Good for you. You tried and I love your other bird feeder. And Christmas is coming. I hope it stays cold enough for the snow we do have to stay. I haven't had a white Christmas in a long time.