Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Finished!!!

With Amare's present anyway... I have a lot of other stuff still to do. 

Can you find the best present under the tree? Yup. Kota is spending a lot of time under there.  He likes to hid among the presents.
 I am pretty much finished with Amare's room box.  I still have to make the clothes hamper for the door.  It is a basket ball hoop with a bag under it. 

That won't take long... I hope...
I made the chair and the desk today.

I cheated on the chair. He has a child sized chair under the bed and a wooden sheet for a desk fastened to the bottom rail on the end.
Secret of a quick child's chair...

I had a Chrysnbon ladder back chair kit. 

I cut the top down to two pieces across instead of four.  I used my wire cutters.

Then I cut just under the second rung on the side on all four legs.

Instant child's chair. Worked like a charm.

I put everything in place with Mini wax.  That way he will still be able to move things around.

I plan to give him some of the Mini wax in an old container.  That way he can move things around and keep them in place.

I am sure that I will find a few other things to put in and I am sure that he will find some things to add on his own.

Now all we have to do is wait until Christmas!

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jodi Hippler said...

It's a wonderful gift I am sure he will play with often and treasure! Can't wait to hear about his reaction when he opens it on Christmas! Good job grandma!

Isabel Ruiz said...

La habitación está quedando genial.

Caseymini said...

Thanks Jodi! T has been great fun doing it. Since he is my only grandchild it's a one time thing. I am going to keep adding things until Christmas.

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I cannot think of a more beautiful or wonderful gift. He is going to love it.
Big hug
Giac