Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Saturday Fun!

We are almost to the fun part now. The bed is made.  I need to make some pillows for it.  They will naturally have Star Wars material on them too.

I have a lot of the material.  I am even thinking about a mini beanbag chair to put in here.


there will be another patch of rug on the ladder side of the bed.  That's how it is in his room.

He has a large hutch/bookcase on the wall facing the room from where we are standing.  There's no way to get it in there, so I am making a shelving unit to go next to the bed.

He needs a place for dinosaurs.

I am in the middle of making an 4 by 8 bookcase.

I cut pieces for the sides and top and then six pieces for shelves.

I marked where I wanted the shelves and the put a piece of wood on each side under the line for supporting the shelves. 

It is very simple. I will probably add some trim to make it look more fancy. 








The only disappointment so far is that nobody will be able to see the star wars sheets.

I think that I will remedy that by using the material for the curtains and maybe some cushions to go under the bed.  He has a couple of big square ones under there for people to sit on.

Anyway, that's where we are right now.

I am thinking of all kinds of things to make it more Amare like.  This is the fun part.

Back to work.  See you tomorrow.

No comments: