Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, September 1, 2017

In the Mood...

This morning, I was over at Witch Joan's. I took my camera because I wanted to take photos of her She Shed... I forgot! Rats!

Joan was playing with quarter inch boxes... It put me in the mood to do quarter inch.  I haven't done any for quite a while.

I still have two small houses and five room boxes.

I keep thinking of the three story mansion that I did about 25 years ago.  I did it with cigar boxes and a rug tube tower.  It was really fun to do, but at the time I didn't have a place to put it. So I traded it for a transformer... That I have never used.  I should have kept the house.

I did this series of quarter inch rooms in trunks a few years ago.  The top one started it all.  I did an attic in a trunk... Instead of a trunk in the attic. Silly but fun.

Then I went on to do a bedroom and a bathroom.

I also did a tea shop in a small box from Harrods in London. Then I kind of lost interest in quarter inch scale for a while.
This is the attic in the trunk that started the whole thing.

There is a trunk in the attic in the trunk...

The wicker chair and table in the bedroom is made just like my 1" scale wicker. Sewing thread and very fine wire.
After I got home from Joan's I went and looked at the two boxes that I have most of the quarter inch supplies stored in...

I am going to have to go through and straiten them out. The top one is furniture and accessories and the bottom one is all kinds of doors, windows and such.

Some of the stuff is in the wrong box. 

The more that I look at it, the more I want to do another mansion.  In quarter inch scale a mansion is not all that big...
Tessie bounced in while I was looking at the supplies...

She said, "You know that's me in the bedroom box, don't you?".

I am not in the mood to go round and round with her again.  So I just nodded my head in agreement and kept looking at the supplies and dreaming up ways to use them..

The wicker chair and table in the bedroom is made just like my 1" scale wicker. Sewing thread and very fine wire.

Back to dreaming.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Isabel Ruiz said...

Es impresionante lo que se puede hacer en esa escala, pero me parece muy difícil.