Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Two Halves Make a Whole!

Did you ever run into the problem of not having a big enough table for a mini building display?

No problem! At least if you have two half round tables that are about the same size.

I decided that I wanted my craft cottage in the bedroom, for the time being.  I need to find a new work table for that spot.  Until I find one, this is going to have to do. Hey! Whatever works!
I took Two tables that were only an inch difference in height and put them together.  The top of one slides nicely under the top of the other one.  I did that with the taller one in front.

Then I took a book that was the same size as the difference. It's one that I want to keep, but I don't look at it all the time.  At least I will know where it is if I need it!

Then I simply put the craft cottage on top.  It covers most of the book and unless you .look closely It isn't even noticeable that there is a difference in height.
In case you can't tell, I am trying to put things back in order after the move.

I kept moving one thing and that led to the next. 

I put the Elizabethan Lady's room box on the telephone table. 



That's because I moved the basket shop back to the top of the jewelry chest that isn't a jewelry chest...

I took the "Rusty Needle" and put it back on the bedside table.

I still like it there best, because you can look down through the glass top at the inside.

Now that I have done all of this moving, I am pretty well satisfied with the arrangement.

And Tessie? She left as soon as I started moving things. I thing that she was afraid that I was going to make her zap whole rooms from one place to the other...

She will probably turn up in a little while and start complaining about where I put things.

Oh well.  She could have helped with the move and had some input as to where things went. 

The one that moves everything gets to choose the spots where things go. My house. My rules!

Back to work.  See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Marisa said...

I like the rusty needle there, it looks like you found a good spot for everything.

Hugs
Marisa

Phyllisa said...

Hi Casey. It's good to move things around. We tend to ignore the things we see all
the time. I want to check out the Rusty Needle again for all the goodies you made.
I'm putting together a very simple needlecraft shop. I'll also be doing a men's shop
soon, so will use your ideas for products from your men's store. Many thanks for the
use of your wonderful ideas!
FYI. I have been fighting with a second-hand miniature cottage for years, mostly with the wallpaper removal. I'm tending to believe it was glued on. One advantage of doing your own houses is you know what you used! Today I found a suggestion to use 1/2 fabric softener and 1/2 water. And it works! No need to wait either. Now I can
put up my pretty wallpaper that I've had about 10 years and decorate the cottage in pastel country style!
This solution was suggested for full-size wallpaper, so if you know anyone that has wallpaper problems, pass this suggestion on.
No matter how much we know, it seems we can always learn something new.
Phyllisa

Caseymini said...

Thanks Phyllisa. I am going to have to try that.