Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Cars, Mexican Food and Furniture Moving...

We went to see Cars, with April, Seth and Amare this morning.  Then we stopped at Micha;s for Mexican Food for lunch...

The last part of the day was spent at our house and I talked the troops into moving the Castle into the living room.

Soon, the night stands will be back where they belong.  I will be a happy camper when that is done.  I miss having a good sized bed side table that I can pile things on...

Moving the castle into the living room involved other mini pieces. 

I have just about talked Tessie into giving up the townhouse.  She keeps  harping about the kits under the bed that would be more suitable to her taste and style. She keeps mentioning the Harrison... I keep hoping for something smaller. We shall see...

Anyway, the townhouse has been demoted to a corner of the living room. It has been divested of all of it's furniture and accessories, including about a month's worth of Tessie's aprons. Yes.  She has one for every day of the month. She just doesn't enjoy changing them every day. She says that, if she gets them dirty, she will have to wash them... Not something that she likes to do. 

I am very happy with the new moves. The castle is back where it started in this house.  It still needs some work, but nothing that I can't do with it sitting in the living room.

Walter is going on a golf trip this week so I expect to finish cleaning the castle to make it look at least livable while he's away.

On Wednesday, the witches start building their She Sheds here.  I have to get to work and cut the bases for all of them.  They get to do all of the walls, doors and windows.  I have a feeling that this is going to be a LOT of fun for all. 

I think that I have had enough fun for today.  I am in the mood for a long nap now.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

meemaw said...

Hi Casey,
Looking forward to seeing more of the castle again! My eldest grandson and I started stain with your vinegar and steel wool recipe this afternoon, before he went up the hill to pick strawberries. I am excited to see how it ages the basswood I am using to line the walls of my garden shed. Thanks for all the instructions on your site, and the stories too! (ps I think it is best not to talk about somebody's aprons unless you have an apron-making jag in mind...there are more than 30 days in a year, just saying...Be safe!

Caseymini said...

Hush Martha! I have Tessie thinking in terms of months, not years. She is perfectly happy with 30 aprons. She only wears them one at a time and as soon as she makes a move to take one off, I remind her that she will have to wash it. There are no electric washers in her world. Thus, she keeps the same one on for a long time. I'm trying to keep the status quo here.

Troy said...

What a great idea to display your projects around the house. I hope you are staying cool, I hear the temperates are pretty brutal in your neck of the woods.