Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Browsing Walmart Again...

As you know, I love school supplies.  I found a new mini item in the kids' section this morning.

They have graph ruled index cards now! They have the lines on both sides.  I immediately grabbed some.  These are going to be great for trying out ideas for mini buildings.
I did this one as a second idea for a she shed.

The only thing is, I wish that they would have made the cards four squares to the inch instead of five.  Five works for designing, but if they were four, you could just cut out the pieces and have a perfect quarter inch scaled building.

This is a little under sized, but as I said, good for seeing what your design is going to look like.

And if we did quarter inch, we could make trees like the bonsai!
I got this far on the corner box.  I didn't remember what the base was made of on this one... It was one of the first ones I made in a class.  Guess what?  Ceiling tile! I knew that I learned to use ceiling tile for bases early on...

As I said before, one of the first classes I took was a corner box... and sure enough, we used ceiling tile for a base!
I did do a model of the first She Shed just for fun.  As I said, it's just too bad they aren't quarter inch squares.  I may have to do some She Sheds in 1/4 inch scale.  This was fun.

I could have a whole village in a matter of days.

I have no idea where Tessie is.  She disappeared after the Witches left.  I have a feeling that I am going to be sorry that I didn't keep an eye on her.

Back to work.  See you tomorrow.


No comments: