Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

STill Trying...

I took this one through the kitchen window.  Woody was trying for another one of the Hummingbird feeders. 

Not a great shot, but I am getting closer to the one where he is hanging over and under the feeder. 

This one, he was hanging from the branch of the Pokeberry Tree and reaching out with his beak for the syrup.  Sooner or later I am going to get him in his unusual feeding position...

Meanwhile, Tessie found the kumquats that Jeannie gave me this afternoon.  She has a beautiful little tree in her front yard. I am going to try them and then I am going to get a few seeds from them to see if I can grow a tree too.

Tessie has high hopes... She said, "These are the biggest miniature oranges that I have ever seen!"

I am not even going to try to explain kumquats to her. 
I got this much of a new bracelet done at the meeting this afternoon... I like it so far.
OK. It looks like I am going to have to explain kumquats to Tessie.  She went and got Kota.  He is backing up her right to hear the kumquat story.

I am not sure what she used to bribe him, but he is standing(or sitting) behind her all the way.

Let's see.... "Once upon a time, there was an orange. It had a baby orange and she named it Kumquat.  Yup... That's a good start.

Back to work on the bracelet.  See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I like the bracelet very much. I love kumquats. Be purchased kumquat marmalade in Corfu and it is the best! Good luck with the tree.
Big hug
Giac

Molly said...

LOL! Is this still the same Woody that I read about last week (about 2011 in your history)? We have woodpeckers here in New England, but they never mess with my hummingbird feeders! If not the same Woody, perhaps a descendent? I Love your blog, am up to March 2012...Thank you for all the teaching, I am bookmarking tuts as I go through. Go Beans!

Caseymini said...

Molly, I just call the male woodpeckers "Woody". It's easier than trying to tell them apart. We always have a family of Woodpeckers hanging around here. They are all freeloaders. They eat the squirrels peanuts and drink the hummer's juice!