Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, April 7, 2017

My Favorite Hummingbird...

I have one of the largest hummingbirds in the country!  Meet Woody! You may have to poke the photo to see him. 

We have a family of Woodpeckers living behind our yard... This guy is the leader of the pack and comes in for a drink every day or so. 

I have been trying to get a photo of him sideways.  He grabs on the ring with his feet and balances by tucking his tail under the feeder and then pulls his head in over the feeder and drinks the humming bird food.  He's about five times the size of most of the hummers and they just stand back when he decides he wants a drink. Really fun to watch.  There are a lot of different birds that do the same thing, but he is the largest!
I spent the morning repotting plants and working in the back yard.

Most of the pots that you see in this photo were on the list.  A lot of them didn't get repotted last year.  I wasn't doing much but going in for treatments at this time last year.

Thank goodness that is over and I am all better.
About half of the ones in this photo have been done. I still have a long way to go.

I also need to repaint the red dragon.  He got a bit weather worn this winter.
When I came inside, Tessie tackled me and made me start doing wicker. 

I did pretty good.  I got the wires measured and put in two chairs, one settee, a planter and a couple of other chairs started. 

It takes a while because I have to make sure that all of the legs on everything are of one size on each piece.

For example, the chairs have to have all four legs an inch and a half from the bottom of the leg to the top of the seat... It takes a while to get them exactly the same. If I don't, they wobble. No fun to set in a chair that "tips towards Tilly".. As my dad used to say. I'm not sure where that saying comes from, but it works for wobbly chairs.

Anyway, I have to get back to work now.  Tessie is pacing up and down the desk in front of me. She's in a snit because I stopped wicker-ing to write this.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: