Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, April 6, 2017

It's Time...

Mini George needed his bowl replanted.  That was the first thing I did in mini today.

He has patiently reclined in this bowl for at least five years.  Probably more like 10.  I didn't keep track.  Time flies when you're having fun!

His lean to cactus finally gave up the ghost.  He now has the start of a rubber tree plant.  I couldn't find another suitable cactus.  It may be changed at a later date.

Anyway, this morning I took the bowl out to the back porch and emptied it.  Much to my surprise, the little round glass pebbles that I put in the bottom for drainage had all turned into a very nice bunch of sea glass. It's about the same color as the bowl.. I think that the water and the dirt took away the finish and made it that powdery looking finish.  I am going to have to make some jewelry from it, maybe.

I didn't throw it out. It is too pretty to toss.
 When I came back in, Tessie got on my case for paying attention to George and not doing her wicker.

OK.  I immediately started working on wicker.  I cut some small wire first.  Have you seen the wire cutters that Fiskars is putting out for crafters?  I got these last year sometime and really like them.  They do a good job on cutting the wires for wicker in a hurry. 

I got the pile that you see above the wire cutters in the photo done in about ten minutes.

I got all but the front wires pushed through the holes in the settee.  Now I have to go glue them in at the right length and I will be set to weave.

Back to work.  See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
Good luck with the new wicker project. I look forward to seeing it evolve.
Big hug
Giac