Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Growing Wicker...

No.  I don't mean like fruit on a tree. 

I mean like working my little fingers to the bone to get this piece done.

This is what it looked like last night before I went to bed...
Today is our anniversary. NO.  Tessie didn't give me the day off.  I got this much done before we went to Red Lobster for lunch.

This little bit took a couple of hours...
I stopped when I finished weaving the body. 

Tessie is going to have to wait until tomorrow to get the rest of it finished...

She has already announced that nobody else gets to sit in the settee.  Nobody.  No how!

She has already told me that there will be tufted cushions on it and a LOT of pillows to make it comfy and cozy... She did mention that she will be borrowing one of my afghans... I doubt that I will ever see that again, once she gets her paws on it. Oh! Then she announced that she will be needing a footstool the length of the settee, so that she can put her feet up anywhere she wants to.  And a shaggy rug to wiggle her toes in... The list is getting longer... I think that it is leading to discussions about her Spiderwort Mansion... I should have hidden that kit further under the bed!

So anyway, I am going to hold her off for another 24 hours, at least.  From what she is describing, this could take, not a few hours tomorrow... but any where from a few weeks to a few months or a couple of years...

I wonder if I could con her into invisible cushions and leave it at that? Probably not... No such luck!

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you !! See you next month ! Gayle

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
Happy anniversary! I can't believe she did not get you a present...all that you do for her!!!
Big hug
Giac