Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, February 5, 2017


I'm just getting started...

I am making a prototype for a kit for the Wednesday Witches.

Last week, one of the witches asked if I would explain cutting molding(the ins and out of the corners).

I figured that this would be a good way to do it.

I happened to have a bunch of  3 3/4" tiles and some foam core. 
Then Joan offered to share the wood that her husband had purchased from a store going out of business.

I have all of the supplies, so why not?

I lucked out.  Some of the strip wood that I picked out just happened to be stair step wood...

It has a rolled edge on one side!
It is also just a bit narrower than the other strip wood that I got.

It is perfect for bookshelves.  The gang won't have to finish the front edges at all!

I did have to move the window over a bit, but other than that, it is coming along fine.

I cut the first wall the exact width of the tile and 8" long.  The second wall is the width of the wall plus the width of the foam core, so that one overlaps the other at the back corner. 

I used the extra tile to hold the pieces together until they dried.

Feel free to make one of your own by following along!

Now on to the Spackle or Gesso for the wall finish.  Back to work.

See you tomorrow. 

No comments: