Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, December 2, 2016

Thanks to a Great Follower...

 Jo is a great detective.  From the information on the bottom of this little pitcher that I showed on the blog a couple of days ago, she found out what it was and where it came from.

It seems that it is from a company in Boise France and was signed by Emile Balon or maybe he just designed it... Not sure which.

Whatever the story, the ermine painted on the front with the crown indicates that it was connected to Anne of Brittany, who once lived in Chateau de Bloise.

If you are interested in the history, go to the site that she recommends in her comment.  Balon eventually became the head of the factory. I am not sure just what the signature means, but I am very happy to know more about this little piece.

I found it in a thrift store, years ago and it is one of my favorite pieces of pottery.  Even more so, now that I know a bit more about it.  I am going to have to do more digging and see what else I can find out.
Now about that stupid row of wrought iron... I am turning it to stone with air dry clay.  I am going to beat this thing one way or the other.

Back to work.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: