Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Things to do Before Christmas...

 I have been working on the conservatory this morning.  I had to rework both end walls to make them a bit wider. They fit around the ends, but with a bit of stretching... Not a good thing.

So having finished that, I went on to do a bit of scoring around the edges of the blocks. Then I started putting the side pieces on the roof.
 Here's some of the blocks after scoring.  It doesn't show too much now, but when I paint, it will show more.
 Here is some of the edge that I put on the end of the roof too.

The tool leaning against it is the one that I did the scoring with.  It is #0 crochet hook.  I use both ends.

By running the tool between the bricks, it rounds the edges.  That makes them look more like real stone.  It takes a while to do all of the little extras like this, but that's what makes them look more real.
After I do just a little more, I am going to spend the afternoon getting started on purse tassels and maybe some bracelets and/or key chains for a few people for Christmas.

You know how I like to switch horses in the middle of the stream...

Now... Where was I before I got sidetracked into writing the blog?

Back to work.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: