Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, November 28, 2016

Iron Work, Paper Work...

OK. so they are one in the same...  I decided that I needed to do the hinges and door handle for the conservatory. 

I started with sketches done on my usual 1/4" square paper.

Granted, the sketches are very rough... Basically, I needed shape and size.

I went with the shape of the hinge.  The plate and handle got reshaped as I went. 
I cut the pieces from black cardstock weight paper and went from there.

I added some extra details with a mechanical pencil and will probably do some more sculpting with my stylus as I start working on the stones.

The plate for the latch is completely different from the drawing.  I went with a longer narrower shape and put a keyhole at the top.

It's hard to see in the photo, but it's there.
When I put the wall back on the side of the building, I decided that Tessie would need somewhere to stand whilst unlocking the door.  I will add the step in front of the door.  It will attach to the frame below.

More stonework to do.  I want to get it done, so that I can start the inside.  I am determined to have this done before Christmas.

Everybody stand back.  I may be throwing things right and left before I am done. 

 Back to work.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: