Monday, August 29, 2016
Just a Little Side Tracked...
However.... I got bored after a while.
When I got home, I decided that there was a way to fix them. So I started hacking away at the rubber on the handles with all of the tools that I could think of. Another pair of scissors. My fingernails.(not a good idea) An Exacto knife. And anything else that I could hack at the handle with...
This morning, I decided to finish the job... With a leather handle.
I scrounged around and found some leather. I used a piece of thin leather to fit in the space and make a pattern.
Then I used some thick leather that was smooth on one side and rough on the other. I used the smooth side out and traced the pattern on it.
Then I cut it out and kept trimming until it fit in the recess where the rubber had been. I then glued and trimmed as I went until it fit the recess. Then I cut a very thin piece of black leather to use as trim. I glued all of the leather to the handles with Aileen's white glue.
I have a new pair of scissors...
Now I have to use them for a while to see if I was successful. I will let you know after I test them for a week or two.
So far. So good.
See you tomorrow.