Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, April 4, 2016

Round and Round We Go...

 Moving day, once again. 

Would you rather see a nice Chinese basket sitting on a table next to the workbench or would you rather see a bunch of paint and glue stuffed into the CD shelves I had in the bedroom?  I would rather see the nice closed basket.

Thus the start of the moving frenzy...
Tessie is telling on me today.  I moved the CD shelves back to the family room and moved a couple of small tables into the bedroom... There is an over abundance of tables in there now, but it looks a lot better than it did. 

I found that, with the CD shelves I had a tendency to stuff things in any empty space... I think this will keep me from doing that. At least in theory.

I have small tables all over the house.  They are nice to sit room boxes on.  But... They also serve other purposes.

This one has a nice drawer that I have tools stuffed in and a nice shelf underneath that can hold a box or basket with things stuffed inside.

 Here's what I have in the family room now.  Very similar to what I used to have. 

I tend to ignore the shelves in here.  They actually stay neat. 

The table on the other side of the bedroom is a lady's work table from the early 20th century. This is where I keep all of my extra saw blades and Exacto blades. 

Tessie just found my jeweler's saw in there... Now she wants fretwork!

I need something to keep her occupied and out of my hair. Maybe I should let her have a go with the jeweler's saw... Or maybe not...

OH!  I know... All of the embroidery supplies are on the shelf, underneath. Maybe I can get her to finish a rug or two... I know... Dream on...

This is the table on the other side of the workbench... Not so fancy, but I haven't even gotten started with this one.  I can get a LARGE pile of books or a couple of fancy boxes under this one.  I will have to think about what I want to do here.

The point is, I don't have to have ugly furniture to keep tools and supplies in.  I have to go look at my supply of boxes and baskets and see if there is anything that will fit on the tables in question.  Then I have to put them to good use and not cram things in corners again.

Wish me luck... I will need it.

Back to moving.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Vivian Fox said...

Hello Casey
Your tables and storage are all so pretty. I have everything in plastic boxes and it's just not that lovely to look at lol. Anyway, my excuse is, that if I don't see it, I forget I have it!! I hope you are keeping well.
All the best
Vivian