Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Another Sunny Sunday...

And another fairy house.  I found this one at Goodwill this morning... It is really an incense burner. I am sure that the fairies can do something to clean it out and furnish it.  It is about 5" high, not including the tower, and ready for someone to move in.  Hand made.  One of a kind as far as I can tell.  It has some initials on the bottom and no other identifying marks.

Anyway, I think that the fairies will be pleased.
Behind the curved wall on the right side in front of the tower, It is open to put the incense inside.  Other than that, it is enclosed and looks like a real cottage.
I found another rug to finish.  My friend, Judy wanted to borrow a book on Chinese rugs that I had... I opened it and found the rug on the right.  Oops.  It's not good to store rugs you are working on inside the book with the pattern.  They come as a big surprise if you haven't opened the book for a while...

I did some more on the Russian rug.  The border is almost finished.
Tessie came through her antics yesterday without a single scratch.  That's because I finally relieved her of the skateboard after and hour of listening to the zipping, clunking and banging of her trying to ruin my stove top.

She grabbed the skateboard back and demanded that I build her a rack in the weaving studio for her to store it on... Oh goody!  Another job to add to my list. 

She refuses to help me with anything else until she gets her storage unit... Hey!  Maybe it is going to take longer than I thought to get around to making one!  Let's see... First I add it to the very bottom of my list of things to do.  Then I just never get to the bottom of the list.

Yeah.  That will work.  Until she thinks of a way to get around it.

I am off to try one of the banana muffins I just made.  I found the recipe on Pinterest.  It was labeled Best Ever Banana Muffins.  So I had to try it. They must be pretty good.  This is the second batch I have made.

Back to the kitchen.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Phyllisa said...

Casey, this clay looks like what we want. From Michaels.

http://www.michaels.com/super-sculpey-living-doll-oven-bake-clay/10228273.html#q=oven+bake+clay&start=20

Phyllisa

Caseymini said...

Phyllisa, this is definitely not what I have been using. I will have to go look for more, one of these days. I still have enough for a few more dolls.

Vivian Fox said...

Hello Casey
The wee fairy house looks so cute. You really do well when you go shopping at your thrift shops! The rug looks lovely, but I am amazed by the patience of anyone doing one of these....I think I would be cross-eyed!
All the best and take care.
Vivian