Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, March 21, 2016

A New Set of Eyes...

That's all that was needed.

Tessie was standing atop the plant stand this morning, trying to get to the new bird house. 

She was complaining as she went.  It's too small for her to live in!

When she attempted to get to the top, she dropped a foot. That sometimes happens with detachable feet.

It doesn't hurt.  It is just an inconvenience.  Hard to walk or climb up to birdhouses.

She enlisted me to help search.  I couldn't find it anywhere, even though I watched it fall.

We gave up searching.  I went to look for spare parts.  Nope.  No right feet.  No left feet either...

I am going to have to sit down and make more spare parts.  She is rather hard on them.

Anyway, we went ahead and took photos with her sitting down and her skirt covering the missing appendage...

Tessie insisted that she should show you her new Talavera Mexican pot.  Actually it's mine, but you know how that goes.  Anything that comes into the house is hers.

It is beautifully hand painted.  The photo doesn't do it justice.  I am going to paint the terra cotta pot the same yellow as the vase itself.  That way it will look more like the plant is growing inside.

The brown and gray pot next to it is one that Seth(son-in-law) made.  It was my Christmas gift a few years ago... He is my favorite potter!

Since Tessie couldn't do much running around this morning, I put her to work on the edge of the Russian carpet... Actually, I worked on it for a couple of hours this morning.

She did about three stitches before heaving a heavy sigh and whining... "I need another foot..."

About that time, Walter got home and volunteered to do another search of the crime scene.

He found it!  It was right where I thought it was, in one of the pots below. Evidently, I looked in all of the right places at the wrong angle.  Thanks to him, Tessie is now up and doing a happy dance.

Back to work.

See you tomorrow.




3 comments:

miniaturista said...

Que bien vas a atender a los pajaritos que lleguen de visita.
Un abrazo
Maite

Caseymini said...

Maite, so far, no takers. The birds around here prefer to build their own homes.

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I'm glad the foot was found. The birdhouse is lovely and your collection of pottery is awesome!
Big hug
Giac