Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, October 12, 2015

Various and Sundry Things...Not Mini...

Today is brush and bulky day in Tucson... So...

Walter climbed up on the roof and trimmed the Mesquite tree...

That doesn't sound like much, but those five little piles are each about 5 to 6 feet long and a couple of feet + high.

He had to stop when the chain on his saw loosened and flew off.  Thank goodness it went away from him and not towards him.

Anyway, I went out and helped him drag the branches to the curb... Not for too long.  My eyes started watering and my nose running.  Evidently I am allergic to Mesquite...

The next two photos are what I did on my day off from the cottage.

I kept seeing these sun catchers on Pinterest and decided to try making one last night. I finished it this morning. 

Unfortunately, no sun!  I think that it will be pretty when there is sun.  The beads are strung on wires in an ark shape.  I used a lot of beads that I had and didn't know what to do with.  There are even some crystals in the mix.  I will have to try for a better photo when the sun is shining.

The branches are supposed to wave in the breeze... I am batting a thousand.  No sun.  No breeze.
Lastly, this is the other thing that I did yesterday.  I increased the crocheted portion of the purse somewhat and I got the handle bars stained. 

So far, I am liking how it is turning out.  I am winging it.  I have no idea what it is going to look like when finished.

OK... The day off is done.  I have to get back to work on the cottage now.

See you tomorrow, with minis.

3 comments:

Lucille said...

That's a very nice sun catcher and when the sun shines on those beads, it will be so lovely! Thanksgiving for us today but I had my dinner last night at my son's. Just hanging out today. Tried a few vegan recipes and bought one of those slicers to make noodles out of vegetables. Can't wait to get it on Wednesday. See you tomorrow!

Caseymini said...

Lucille, I didn't realize that you were in Canada! Happy Thanksgiving!

Lucille said...

Thank you, Casey!