Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Conned By Kota...

I was not in the mood to work on the Forest Fantasy Cottage this morning. 

Since the sewing machine was out, I decided to look for unfinished projects in the hall closet... I should have been suspicious when Kota volunteered to help out.



He started at the bottom and I at the top... We agreed to meet in the middle...

I should have known.  I had already been through the bottom shelf when April was here the other day.
Anyway, I went to the center because the top two shelves hardly ever get touched.  Christmas decorations and such.

On the middle shelf, I found a lot to do.  At the top of the photo, there are four unfinished bags.  I started them a while ago when bright colors were just the thing... I am not sure if I will use them if I do finish them...

In the plastic bag to the left, I found some wooden handles that I was looking for.  I saw some neat purses on Pinterest made with these handles and macramé.  That seems to be coming back too. 

They were popular back in the eighties.  It's about time for them to be back in style.

Between those and the Bakelite and early plastic handles from the 20s and 40s, I have 11 sets of handles to make purses on... They cost me next to nothing at a garage sale years ago... Maybe a dollar for the whole pile of wooden ones.

I do want to make a new knitting bag for the one with the hand hold in the center.  My Grandma Daisy had one like that.

Anyway, I think that I have enough to keep me busy for a little while... Then back to the cottage.

Meanwhile, I went back to see how Kota was doing with the bottom shelf... He's doing fine...

All I have to do is remember not to close the door! 

He found  a new hideout.

Back to work.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lucille said...

Casey, I seriously believe you have enough merchandise to start your own store! Kota looks very cozy in his new hideout!