Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, May 15, 2015

Paint!

OK. I am skipping around.  I was not in the mood to do floors.  I was in the mood to paint...

This was my pallet.  A very short step from yesterday.  No dark brown.  No black. Black green and Wedgewood green were added.
 I make it a practice to never use a solid color right out of the bottle.  I mixed just a touch of the black green and pewter gray with the Trail Tan to get the colors that I wanted. 

I mix the colors right on the brush.  Never a solid color anywhere. 

I also use the crochet hook between the egg carton blocks while the paint is still wet.  It gives me a deeper crease between the stones.

My last step for this side was to use the watered down black green to paint where the moss will be going on the trees. I don't want any holes in the leaves that are an odd brown. 

Anyway, one side down... Three to go.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

elizabeth s said...

Hi Casey! What a Difference it makes seeing the trees painted brown! Truly, an effective technique with the layers of string and now that the paint has been applied they look even MORE real! :D