Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Fire Department...

See?  I am still working on the library!  I have the first set of shelves, around the fireplace, built. 

Not quite installed yet...
I probably shouldn't tell you this, but they were just a hair too long.  When I went to put them in place, they didn't quit fit...

What to do?  Start over?  No way.  Instead I took out the wall between the observatory and the library on that side.  Don't tell!

It sticks just a hair over the line into the observatory and from that side it looks fine...
Actually, it looks fine from this side too.  I am just a little picky.  So... I will probably take off the sides and shave the shelves just a tiny bit.

So far, I am liking it..  Now for the second set of shelves on the window side...
Another blogger has joined in the fun.  Gina, over at More Minis
  is doing one of these kits too. That's three of us, so far... Gina does a lot of kits and takes you through the process step by step. Good information.

OK.  I confess.  I did some drawing again yesterday... I transferred the sketch to the side of the building. 

This is the wall that I am going to cut out, so it makes no difference if I scribble all over it...

I should not have let Tessie in the room... She saw the sketches and immediately yelled, at the top of her lungs, "MINE!!!  I call dibs!!".  By the way, does anybody know what a dib is and why do we call it when we want something?  Just curious...

I told her no!  This one is mine.  One of these days, I am going to have to make a mini me.  Then I can live wherever I want to, just like she does.

Oh well... I can dream, can't I?  Back to trimming the  shelves...

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

12Create said...

Loving the library shelves and I am very intrigued by the drawings for the new kit.

Mieke Miniatuur said...

Lovely to see the shelves up, lucky for you, you always find a way around the problem!
Curiosity got the better of me and I started looking for "Dibs" And I found al lot of other people who want to know way "dibs" is used. http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/43685/calling-dibs-what-does-it-imply Maybe this site can help you

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
It looks beautiful. I love the bookcases around the fireplace. It looks perfect!
Big hug,
Giac