Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Dibs on the Fireplace!!!

I didn't think that the fireplace would  be in such demand. 

Spike called dibs for a doggy bed. I did find out that a dibs were playing pieces, long ago, in a children's game related to jacks... other than that, it is just a verb indicating that you are claiming ownership of something... How boring is that?

Tessie wants it for her books and a selfie portrait in the center section...Yup.  That's exactly the word she used...  Too much internet...

Zar wants it to remain a part of the observatory and all stodgy...

Wait a second.  I have to go consult with Daisy and find out what should really go in there... I am sure it is NOT a portrait of Tessie!

I haven't installed it yet.  I have to fix the wall behind the left hand side.  There is a slight crack there at present... That will have to be filled in, before the unit is glued in place.
I also still have to do a bit of touch up on the stain and a final finish must be done.

I don't think that I am going to get anything done on the HBS Forest Cottage today. 

I need to settle in and finish the observatory, so that I can really start working on the Forest Cottage...

Stand back!  Here I go!

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

elizabeth s said...

What a Great Transformation of the Fireplace! The surrounding shelves look wonderful and as if they have always been partnered with it!

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
You put so much hard work into it, I think you should put a selfie of yourself over the fireplace!
Big hug,
Giac