Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Oh No! Not Baskets Again!!!

First of all, there are a number of mistakes in the rug pattern.  And besides that, I am doing it totally different.  I lined up the heaviest line with the center of the rug.  That way it will be the same at the top and the bottom and not off kilter anymore.

I will publish another pattern in a little while.  I want to make sure that it works right, the way I am doing it now.

This morning I did a Walmart run.  After I finished, I hit the Goodwill in town... I shouldn't have!

Now I am in a basket making mood!
The real problem is... This book covers every kind of basket there is!

That includes the baskets under hot air balloons.  I was thinking of doing that, but now it is for certain. 

Unfortunately Tessie and Zar found the pages that have the information and photos...

It will be somewhere down the line.  I had planned on making a hot air balloon to go with Zar's Bizarre Bazaar...  It is now most certainly going to be included... It will have to fit two people and a dog... That little triangular one next to Zar is a definite possibility...

But first I have to finish the observatory/library.  I'm working as fast as I can...

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
The rug is off to a great start. I really love the pattern.
Big hug,
Giac

Lené said...

Casey, you find the most amazing books. Thank you for sharing your treasures. I found a copy online and will hopefully be able to learn basket making soon.

Caseymini said...

Lené, this is not an instruction book. It is mostly photos of antique baskets. If you need instructions, go look on you tube. They have some pretty good instructional videos.

Lené said...

I will check out Youtube too, thanks Casey! I still have my little basket I used to carry sea shells when I was 3 years old. I just love baskets.

elis said...

I love this pattern.