Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Not Cutting a Rug!

OK.  I have decided to run the stone floor into the observatory itself.  Therefore I need some other kind of pattern on the floor.  Just stone alone would be boring...

I went through my scraps and found a piece of fabric that would just fit in the library.

It is #26 congress cloth...Don't ask why they call it that.  I really don't know.  I just go into the needlework shop and ask for it by name and get really nice fabric for stitching rugs...
Next, I went to my computer and got on my cross stitch program and put up a piece of graph that was the right number of stitches.

I mark out the center of the sides and the center of the rug itself...

This time, I just plain forgot about a center.  I wanted an all over pattern, so I started at one end and worked down.
This is what I came up with.  It will probably change as I stitch.

One thing that will change is the stitches in the left side corners... Oops.  I eliminated one row of stitches in each corner and put the pattern out to far.  I did the edges last and that just sort of, kind of, happened... It will be easily fixed when I start stitching.  No problem. 

It looks pretty plain right now.  I may have to add more color, since the rest of the room is going to be all black and white...

Anyway, it's a start. 

Maybe I should get back on the machine and fix the corners of the pattern.  They are bothering me.

Then I will be sure that I get it right in the finished rug.   Back to the drawing board, as they say...

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: Fabulous proposal. Keep in touch

Unknown said...

I so deeply appreciate you putting these tutorials out there. You're a true inspiration!

Deb from Spring, Texas

Caseymini said...

Deb! Don't follow that pattern! There are several mistakes in it.

I will add the pattern of the one that I am doing the right way later. Hang on!

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I love the pattern! I can't wait to see your interpretation.
Big hug,
Giac