Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Another Infernal Tower!!!

I didn't get much stitching done yesterday.  Had to go to the Wednesday Witches' Mini Meeting...

The more of the peacock blue I put in, the more I like it.  I think that Giac is right.  The gray is dull...

I am thinking a golden yellow color of some kind.  Still undecided..

I think that I am going to keep plodding along and finish the peacock blue first
Another "Here we go again!" situation popped up this morning...

I made my usual stop at Goodwill, on the way home from town.

I am now the proud owner of this...  Do I need another tower.  Did I want another tower...

Answer... Not until I saw this birdcage!  I love the shape. I am going to have to think about what it is to be. 

Maybe Tessie, Zar and Spike can come up with something...

I also found this book.  There is a method to my madness in buying this...   Last week, someone from Hobby Builder's Supply http://www.miniatures.com/Creatin-Contest-W1826.aspx  contacted me.  They wanted to know if I would like a free kit for  the contest that they run every year.  They know I don't enter, but I often buy the kit if it's something I can use.  I don't often enter any kinds of contests.  Just not my thing.
The kit that they are putting out this year is a good sized building and has a curved roof.  Very interesting.  All I have to do is talk a bit about the contest as I do the build...

I noticed that Brae over at Otterine's blog is also doing it... She always enters the contest, so she has to do two.  That's more than I want to do. 

I don't know how many bloggers they contacted.  It will be interesting to see how many people do it just for fun.

I will probably try to finish the cottage and observatory and then the next thing will be the HBS kit. They told me that they would probably be shipping them starting this week.(update, I was just notified that the kit has been shipped.) Thus the book.  The building looks very mid century mod to me. 

Good Luck to Brae and all of the other contestants. 

I am going to do mine at my leisure.  And you will get to come along for the ride.

See you tomorrow.

                                      

5 comments:

azteclady said...

One of these years (says she, hopefully) I'll be able to make miniatures better and more regularly--though I do not have the incredible talent you and Brae and so many other miniaturists have, of seeing the end result from something unconnected.

Like an observatory in a liquor box or a tower in a birdcage.

I do know we, all your faithful readers, will enjoy seeing what you come up with for the build!

12Create said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the contest kit Casey.

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I love the idea of yellow for the carpet. I think it would be beautiful. I have a question: can one ever have too many towers?
Big hug,
Giac

Caseymini said...

Giac, the answer to that question is one word... NEVER!

petitemoonbeams.blogspot.com said...

I adore towers and birdcages and I could buy every one I see. Not enough room to do it. I am going to be very interested in the kit you will be doing. I was going to enter but our little house cannot handle another 1:12 building.
Looking forward to seeing yours.