Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, February 27, 2015

Moving Right Along...

I went back to work on the library this morning.

First I re-cut the floor.  Then I cut trim for the sides of the entrance.

The floor is still not quite even.  I may have to cut a layer of illustration board to level it off. 

And now I am not liking the floor in the observatory itself...
I am running chair rail down both sides of the entryway.  It is bendable enough that I will be able to put a strip or two across the top also. 
 I started sketching plans for the shelves.  The blank wall is going to have most of the shelves.

In order for it to not look too bookish, I am going to leave a spot in the center to hang a painting... Tessie suggested a portrait of herself...

I kind of doubt that Daisy is going to be thrilled with a portrait of Tessie in the library.

It should be interesting to see who wins. If Daisy doesn't come back pretty soon, I may just let Tessie have her way...

One of the window walls is going to have a window seat.  That was Tessie's idea.  She does like to lounge and read. 

The other window wall could still be turned into a doorway. 

Tessie is fighting that idea.  She says that there will be less room for furniture that way.

I think that she wants to put a recliner in.  That way she will have a choice of places to read.

She already suggested that I extend the bottom shelves on either side, so that she can have a place to put her tea and cookies.

I think that I see an argument coming... A three way one this time.  Zar, Tessie and Daisy are not going to want to use the library together...

I think that the best way to handle the situation is to just stand back and let the three of them fight it out.  The one that wins gets to be librarian...

Oh!  I just thought of another way to handle it.  We have a real librarian in the family.  I am going to call April.  I will tell her that I have a problem that only she(the real librarian) can solve...

Until it is settled, I am taking over and doing whatever I want.  Actually, this would make a great artist's studio... I always wanted my own studio... Maybe I don't have to call April after all...

See you tomorrow.







4 comments:

MiniKat said...

I think a portrait of Galileo would be more apt. Or maybe Copernicus.

Phyllisa said...

Hi Casey. Love your ideas for the Library.
Phyllisa

Lucille said...

I love window seats! Your drawing looks very nice!

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
Great plans. They will make the library a fantastic space.
Big hug,
Giac