Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, February 28, 2015

I Need Another Board!

Another title for this could be..."What Was I Thinking?"

The drawing for the window seat was way too small.

I didn't want to go all the way to the ceiling with it, but this is ridiculous...

I started by drawing the window without measuring... It looked OK, but the top of the real one is right behind the top of the paper. 

It's been one of those weeks...
I did get all  most of the shelves measured... Then I ran out of the two boards I thought it would take. 

I will go look in the workroom for scraps when I finish here...  Then there's always Ace Hardware, down the street... About two miles.
The reason I am so late doing this, is my trip to town this morning. 

I stopped at Dollar Tree on the way home and discovered that they have quite a few new tools. 

This isn't exactly a tool and I could have used it last week when I was using all of that spray glue on the ribbon  boards. 

I have never really paid much attention to their tools.  I am going to try a couple of other things.  I saw a really cute handsaw, about 12" long, that might be handy to have around... If it cuts more than butter.  I'll let you know if it actually cuts when I get one... For a dollar, I will be willing to give it a try.
Meanwhile, Tessie spotted the area of one of the boards that was marked with "window seat top".

She has been sitting there for the past half hour, wiggling around and mumbling to herself...

I finally couldn't stand it.  I asked her what was wrong?  You have to know what is coming... She answered with, "It's just barely big enough and it's way too hard!  Needs padding!" 

It doesn't matter that I don't even have the boards cut yet... It needs padding!

I guess that the sooner I get the boards cut and the shelves put together, the sooner she will have a padded seat and nothing to complain about... No wait.  Strike that... She will find something.  She always does.  No books on the shelves?  No stone on the outside?  Needs a footstool....  Should I go on... Nope.  I am going to go build a window seat as fast as I can.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: