Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, November 10, 2014

Hanging Around...

The pest that is Tessie is hanging around now...

I can't seem to distract her... Even with cookies.

So... I started stippling this morning.
Oh... But first I stained the shingles.  I used Minwax English Chestnut.  I tried for uneven and got it.

Anyway, back to the stippling.  I used gesso and a small foam stencil brush.  It is round, so does not leave any straight lines in the finish. 

The gesso had been left open a couple of days to get it thicker.  It was perfect.
Now the outer walls are ready to paint.  I am thinking half timber... It seems like half timber and stone are my two favorite outer walls.

Whatever I do, that will have to be done before I make the windows.

This isn't really a great candidate for half timber.  The windows are too regularly spaced, but I am going to do it anyway.  The only other houses that I can think of that are regularly done with the windows and doors on the end of the gables are the Amsterdam canal houses and the South African Dutch houses.  Neither of those quite fit the bill.  Those don't necessarily have the balanced doors and windows either. 
I just put a cap on the roof line.  After I took the photo, I put blue painters' tape over it to hold it down until it dries.  It is made from corrugated scrap booking paper. 

In case you were wondering.  I am still going to work on Daisy's Cottage... First I have to get the lady holding the platter of Turkey to go away.

That may be tough.  Mini Tessie keeps asking, "Will it be finished by Thanksgiving?  I want to have some friends over."

I fear that Mini Tessie is going to disappear before that happens.  If she does, please don't tell Big Tessie what happened to her...

I am juggling as fast as I can... and having fun doing it!

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking good so far. I love your roof tiles. X

mcddiss said...

me gusta lo que estas haciendo con las fachadas ,estoy deseando ver como la terminas

besitos

Mari