Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Its Toooo Blue!

Tessie, on behalf of Daisy(she claims), told me that the curtains were too much blue in the living room.

I am disagreeing, but at the same time agreeing.  By the time I get the curtains in the room, the only thing I have that goes with them is other blue... about nine pieces of fabric and none of them quite right. 

Therefore, Tessie took it upon herself to suggest fake leopard  skin.  I tried it for the couch/window seat and liked it.

Now the only problem is what to do about curtains....?

I did the usual gift wrap type of upholstery on ceiling tile and tried it in the space.

I put up some temporary inner curtains.  They are not straight, but I will take them down and re do them before everything gets put together. Don't tell anybody, I still have to put in windows.  I just couldn't wait to see how they were going to look...
I fear that I am going to have to go fabric shopping.  Even with all of the fabric that I have, I can't seem to find anything that Tessie approves of... She suggested a trip to the quilt store. 

If I go, I am going to have to sneak out.  If she gets to go along, she will one at least a half a yard of everything in the store, that will work in 1/12 scale.

She is a very bad influence. I would never be tempted if it weren't for her! Never...Not ever....

Anyway, I am thinking that I can cut down the blue curtains and use them in the kitchen or save them to use in some other venue.  They won't go to waste.

Back to work now.
See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Phyllisa said...

Hi Casey. It's too bad the blue curtains don't work in Daisy's house. I do like the leopard print window seat though. I would like to try that idea in real life size. I do have a padded hope chest that I use for a coffee table in my African-themed Office. I think I shall try it on that. See, your ideas are good for more than minis!
Phyllisa

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I like the leopard print fabric. Great choice. Keep in touch

Unknown said...

For some reason, I see those windows with strands of wood beads--possibly different lengths. Not covering the whole window, either--they'd be more just a screening effect.

Just throwing my 2 cents in! 8-)

Simon said...

Hey Casey
I think the curtains would work really well. Especially if you inject the fabric around the room. Have seen Estée Lauders house where she did a whole room in a busy blue and white print? It looks amazing.
"Bring on the blue", I say ...

Troy said...

another great use for ceiling tile! it looks great.

Giac said...

Hi Casey,
I actually think the blue curtains would work. Whatever decision you make the leopard is fantastic! How about a rust colored fabric, or something in copper tones. I can't wait to see what you find.
Big hug,
Giac