Monday, August 11, 2014
I am leaving some bare spots in the dirt, so I couldn't paint the whole thing green.
I simply cut pieces to fit in the bottom of the windows and glued them in.
Lucille said yesterday, in the comments, "Why doesn't the manufacturer think of these things?"
Of course, a lot of people would do what I was going to do originally. Put an eating area there.
Anyway, not a problem.
I used some railroad foam for the little hill beneath the windows.
I want the yard to look wild an unkempt. That works better than any of the grasses that are around. I left a hole in it for dirt...Real dirt.
I went out into the back yard and scooped up a trowel full of gravel. I spread on Elmer's white glue. It is thinner and easier to work with for landscaping. Then I sprinkled the finer dirt over the hole and placed a few larger rocks in the corners. They would be there. The rain washed the dirt away from the rocks and then leaked downhill from there.
By the way. An excellent texturing tool for the stone wall is exactly that. I grabbed the rock that you see in the bottom left corner and pounced it against the Model Air. I didn't want to hunt for my stencil brush.
I was in a hurry. We are going to see "Guardians of the Galaxy" this morning. So much for minis!
See you tomorrow.