Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Time Out...

I made a mistake this morning.  I pulled out all of the stuff that I have been using to work on Daisy's Cottage. I intended to clean and straighten, before starting work...

The mistake was, I announced to anyone and everyone what I was going to do. 

Walter was already out playing golf, so he is excused.

However, Tessie and Zar both heard the call and immediately disappeared.
I found Zar atop the Tudor Trailer, playing the Steampunk keyboard and singing at the top of his lungs..."Just glue some gears on it and call it Steampunk".  I could hear him all over the house!

He does like that song.
Tessie, on the other hand, was trying to appear invisible.  I found her in the townhouse, lounging on the sofa with some one's private journal, eating chocolate chip cookies and drinking wine... and giggling the text...

Isn't it a bit early in the day for that sort of thing?

I didn't even try to get them to help.  I wouldn't last long with Zar's off key singing, or Tessie's whinging and whining about being put upon to work.

Besides, if she has had more than a couple of glasses of wine, she gets the hiccups. When she does, it's very unnerving.  Each hiccup acts as a trigger for zapping and she keeps disappearing and reappearing somewhere else... and she has no control of where she lands!  I once found her swimming in a bowl of French Onion Soup.... What a mess! Another time she ended up at the end of the block and had to walk home.  That's a long ways for someone her size!

Thus, I will be cleaning alone today... I think I just heard a very quiet hiccup from the townhouse.  I hope that she doesn't wind up swinging from the chandelier!

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

mcddiss said...

es algo muy comun, cuando se trata de limpiar y ordenar todo el mundo desaparece, yo en ocasiones lo prefiero , mas tranquilidad

besitos

Mari

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I hope you get to clean in peace and quiet!
Big hug,
Giac

Caseymini said...

Mari and Giac, I did get peace and quiet. Tessie hiccuped herself into the hall closet and couldn't get out, until I rescued her.

12Create said...

I can so imagine Tessie hiccupping herself into all sorts of predicaments.