Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Casey and Zar Can Fake a Tree....

Maybe only God can make a tree, but we have our ways...Build it out of Rosemary wood and Lichen from the model train store...

Yesterday afternoon, I filled in the holes around the staircase and added a little extra bump in front of the kitchens window...

Please ignore the bottom of said windows.  They are going to have to be raised to accommodate the height of the sink counter.  Oh well... The best laid plans, etc. etc. etc.

This is where the tree started.  I have three 20 year old rosemary bushes in the back yard.  I do NOT trim the under branches on purpose.  They are the best gnarly trees in the world of minis.

There are a lot of trees still left under the bushes. The tops keep growing and the under branches essentially die. 
Anyway, when you last saw the tree, it was bare.  I had part of a bag of medium green lichen, but not enough to do the whole tree.

I went to the train store this morning and got a bag of dark... They were out of the medium, but I kind of like it with both colors mixed in.  It gives it more depth than it would if I had done it all in one color.

Zar got his handy dandy machete out and helped me shape it.  Tessie threw out suggestions and orders, right and left. 
It's a wonder we got anything done at all...
Before we even finished, Tomboy Tessie was in the middle of the forest, so to speak. 

Now she wants a tree house!  I shouldn't have let her see how many trees are left under the rosemary bushes...

No....I am not going to start a tree house just because she wants one.  Think about it!  I would have 15 unfinished houses if I let that happen....  Wait!  I do have.  And they all have Tessie's name on them.  Except for Zar's house.

I guess that I should go try to finish Daisy's house now.  I haven't heard from her in a few days... Maybe she has gone somewhere else, instead of heading for here.  Keeping fingers crossed...

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lucille said...

That tree looks really good! It's going to be a big job adjusting those windows to accommodate the kitchen counters. The windows in my dollhouse kitchen are too low also. They should think of things like that when they make doll house kits.

mcddiss said...

ese arbol escalera esta quedando muy bien , y veo que estas aprovechando muy bien esos romeros ,
no le hagas caso a Tessie , que no sabe ni ella lo que quiere

besitos

Mari

elizabeth s said...

I really like the tree and also the roof color with the stone which is such a good combination!

elizabeth

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
the tree is gorgeous! I must admit, a tree house does sound like a fun project.
Big hug,
Giac