Tuesday, May 13, 2014
The Next Step...
I liked the shape of these and even the size, but when I got them I found that they were very thin. Not really suitable for what I had in mind, jewelry wise.
I was looking through the Pinterest Moroccan Décor site and saw something similar in size and shape used in a couple of the rooms there.
So...That gave me permission to use them...
First I put the whole one on the top center of the window screen. Looked OK.
Then I thought that I could use something to match at the bottom of the window... Did I mention that these were thin? Thin enough that I could cut them with an old pair of scissors.
I glued those two on. Then I experimented with the outer screen..
This is the back of the screen. Here you can see how I braced the watercolor paper with lumber.
I glued the side filigree to the wood. The other piece, I put on the front.
As I remember these were six pieces for under three dollars.
Now all I have to do is decide how I am going to paint the units.
Don't ask what Mic is hunting for under the fabric... There have been rumors of Tessie hiding her lunch there to save it until later... No lunch today.
Problem solved. I simply added on a couple of inches of snake vertebra. It worked.
It reminds me of a rattle snake's tail.
Yes, I have seen them up close and personal. My dad used to wear bolo ties, back in the day. He had a rattler's tail encased in Lucite. Actually kind of creepy, but this is about the right color.
I think that I have another watch chain around here somewhere. I promise not to look for it until I get some more mini-ing done.
Anyway, I need to go tuft a divan and paint a couple of screens.
See you tomorrow.