Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Rugs and New Toys....

Here's what the North African rug looks like this morning.

I put a bit of color in the third border and worked out the corner. 
It is kind of a conglomeration of the right side up and upside down motifs.  I think it will work.  Most of the North African ones from the book are just stopped wherever and continued on around the corner.  Kind of left a space in places. Not my cup of tea...

OK.  I have three borders started and none finished...

But at least I know that they are all going to fit.

I used a different color in the third border...The "pink" is more of a coral than a rose.
Now onto the new toys.  I found these at Walmart a couple of days ago and forgot to tell you about them.

They are now carrying Bamboo cord in the jewelry department.  It is for micro macramé.  I thought that it would also make great rope for minis.  Since the next project is Steampunk, I can see a need for it. 

It is much softer and easier to work with than the usual hemp.  I think that I am going to like it.
Last, but not least.  E-6000 has put out a couple of new products.  This one is to use with fabrics(edges of rugs), maybe.

The other one is still on the shelf, but I imagine that I will be picking that one up too.  It is a jewelry glue.  Stones, metal and such.  I will probably try that one when the Steampunk starts.

Now I have to go finish the rug, so I can try out the new glue... I wonder how long it will keep, unopened...

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: you're doing a great job. Keep in touch