Sunday, March 30, 2014
Rocks? What Rocks?
I decided to do the roof floor in slate, for a more unified look.
I cut the bottom out of one of the movie trays. It was more than enough for the rooftop.
My method of madness when doing a floor like this is to start at one corner and cut a piece out of the corner of the piece of tray.
I cut one piece at a time as I go and stick it next to the first piece...The third to the second and so on. It makes for a faster floor. It's kind of like dissecting a jigsaw puzzle.
If I do it this way, I know that the pieces are going to fit. Sometimes I have to do a little extra cutting at the end, but for the most part it is easy. It took less than a half hour...Start to finish.
After I got that done, I went to work on the other side.
I like the way the first side turned out better than the second.
The first side, I did the wall first and then fitted the slate into that.
The second I did the slate and then the wall. It turned out thinner. I may go back and see if I can widen it a bit, to match the front.
Now all I have to do is paint and I will essentially be done with the outside.
The nice thing is, the front and the slate are ready to paint. By the time I am finished with those, maybe the other side will be dry. Wish me luck!
See you tomorrow.