Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Minis...What Minis?

OK. I have Wednesday Witches today and witches get unruly when you don't feed them properly.  I don't want a bunch of unruly witches running around town.  Sooo.....

Pita Bread.  If I feed them enough, they will sleep all of the rest of the day and I will have to wake them up to send them home...

Sorry about the mini part, but I will give you a great recipe instead...

First photo.  Tessie is a typical witch.   Feed her good and she behaves herself. She's had this before and will eat the whole batch if I don't stop her.
The first photo is of the dough after kneading.

The second is of the dough after rising for an hour and a half.  There is not a huge amount of work involved.  It just takes time. 

Tessie used to walk across the top of the dough to see if it was "bouncy"....Until the time that her feet got stuck and the dough worked like quicksand...  No more walking on the dough.  Lesson learned.

The dough looks a lot nicer without footprints.  I forgot to take photos of the next step.  Sorry about that.  It is punching down the dough. Shaping it into a log and cutting it in 16 pieces.

Then you roll it out, one piece at a time and lay them gently, two at a time, on aluminum foil.

OK.  All caught up now.  You put them in the oven for five minutes, four at a time.

These are ready.  they were flat as a pancake when I put them in.  Magic.




Tessie just announced, "I am going to start at the top of the pile and see if I can eat my way through to the plate...Did I mention that the plate is about 14" across?

Sixteen of those will make thirty two sandwiches.  And one sick witch.
If you want to try your hand at this, go for it.  It is really easy.  I just mix everything up and turn on the timer for ten minutes and go to work, kneading.  If you are lucky enough to have a machine with a dough hook, all the better.

It always amazes me when they actually puff up and make the house smell delicious.

I think that I hear groaning coming from the kitchen... I should go stop Tessie.  If she eats all of that bread, I won't have anything to feed the other witches and you don't want to see them when they don't get the promised food.  Very unruly!!!  Gotta fly.

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lucille said...

Wow, Casie! What beautiful breads! I can almost taste them. Thanks for the recipe. Can we freeze them?

12Create said...

Thanks for the recipe Casey. I would like to try these. You make it sound so simple!

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
thanks for the recipe...just the type of snack any miniaturist needs while working.
Big hug,
Giac

Marisa said...

Thanks for the recipe, I will have to give it a try.

Hugs
Marisa :)