Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Just a Little Garden....

It seems that Tessie talked Daisy into a small garden around the house...She(meaning Tessie), didn't want to take care of a lot of plants...

Didn't I tell you?  Tessie is not a fan of gardening...

So... When I went to do a foundation around the cottage, I did it a little larger than she would have liked.  Just to annoy her.

It worked.  She left me alone all of the time I was building it.  I used a sheet of Luan plywood that was 22" by 24"  The house itself is about 17" by 20".  There is enough on all sides for plenty of plants....Don't tell Tessie!

Now.  About the foundation.  I used 1/2" garden stakes from the home center at Lowe's for the sides.  It took one and a part of a second to do it. 

I had them on hand from last year's gardening, unused.  I figured that it would be better to use those than go find another one in the lumber department. 
It was one of those, lay the pieces together, mark and cut a mitered corner.  Four times.

Then I put some glue on the edges and nailed the top to them with small brads through the top edge.

It won't be coming apart in the near future.
I wanted to get the foundation finished so that I could proceed with the bottom of the house.  I need to fasten it down and get everything straight, before I proceed further.

As you can see in the second photo....I still have a LOT of rock work to do.  Definitely going to need more Model Air.

I have to go all the way across the front of the house and then the side and the opposite corner.

Then it's on to dragons....

Back to work.  See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
There might be a lot of work left, but it is coming along beautifully. The garden will look great...even though it means more work for you...way to go Tessie ;)
Big hug,
Giac

Lucille said...

A garden? I am so excited! Looking forward to it! I love gardens. I live in a building and my balcony faces north, unfortunately.