Thursday, January 9, 2014
Needs More Color...
The test is taking a photo of what I have done.
I still don't have enough color variation...I will have to go back in and do a little more at a time, until it is right.
It is much easier to keep adding a little at a time than it is to take it off if it's too dark.
Tessie is getting anxious. She still won't tell me what it is going to be.
Meanwhile, yesterday and the night before, I learned to do this kind of bottom for a basket from a very nice Russian lady on u tube. I don't understand Russian unless April is in the room. She can translate. But the lady was nice and did everything in steps, so I just followed along.
Since this is my first try on this one, I simply finished the edges by putting some white glue where the spokes came out and trimmed them after they dried.
I just noticed, I think that I need to make a lid for that basket peeking out of the back of the night stand...Oops! So much for taking fancy photos.
I do the rods on a knitting needle and can keep going while watching TV.
I am wondering if there is any way that I could do that bottom in miniature. Maybe.....
We shall see....
See you tomorrow.