Sunday, October 13, 2013
I did the seat this morning. The base is 1/8" foam core. I simply put a layer of batting on and wrapped it with the fabric.
I can never get my head around this. They just don't look right to me. I may still go back and wrap the bare wire. It bothers me. Just a personal quirk.
The more expensive Victorian pieces(in real life) were finished by wrapping the legs, arms and even the open areas sometimes...I guess I just have expensive tastes. They just look better to me that way...
Yup....The decision has just been made. I can't do anything about the bare wires in the body of the piece, but I can still get to the arms and legs.
I am off to wrap them now. If I can just dump Tessie out of the chair. Wish me luck.
Back to work. See you tomorrow.