Monday, October 21, 2013
Silk and Brick...
I started with some 16th century and earlier patterns from one of the Dover books and went from there.
This is actually a border pattern. I have used the design in rugs before.
I started messing with it on #40 silk gauze and I think that it will work into a nice chair seat. I will probably do some more pattern in it. Designing as I work....
Now, about that chimney. I pried off a bit of the plaster that came off before.
I also started poking and prodding a spot further up on the chimney. I will either do bricks with the file folders that I used on the Rusty Needle quilt shop or...I may just decide to paint it.
This is the side of Walter's Above Par golf shop lamp.
What you see here is all completely flat. If I did the same thing on the chimney, I could match the bricks on the house itself.
It will probably have to be a bit darker to make it look old and used....I am contemplating putting a bit of soot here and there on the rest of the house. Just don't tell the guy that built it!
It is just too new and pristine looking for my taste. London was not a clean place in Tudor times.
Anyway, that's it for today....April and Amare are on their way over. Only one mini to play with...That's Amare.
See you tomorrow.