Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Fifty Shades of Gray....
I started on the left side and worked around...I tend to work like I read. Left to right.
Here is one and a half panels done and the rest is like it was. I found out that the bricks were painted with some kind of water soluble paint, so I had to be very careful. There wasn't any kind of sealer on the bricks at all.
I am still wondering why it was built so that it hangs about a quarter of an inch above the bottom of the building...
I got a pretty good match on the bricks on the chimney. Not perfect, but close enough. Maybe a few touch ups after everything is put back together.
There will be two wall sconces, one candlestick and a fire in each fireplace.
The little blobs that you see on the floor are English coal fire fixtures. I am not sure if they will be workable.
The three other fixtures blew out when I tried them in the Bloomie's box. I have cut the candles out of them and am in the process of rewiring them...I am not sure that the English wiring is compatible with the US transformers.
Hang in there until I wire something else and you will see how I normally do it.
I have to go see if I can, once again, do wiring without electrocuting myself...
See you tomorrow.