Thursday, October 24, 2013
A Little More to the Left....
I found a scrap of ceiling tile and cut out the same size and shape as the original fireplace.
I thought that the 1/2" would do it, but when I put it in, I was not so sure...
It still looks very shallow. This would be Nellie's cooking fireplace. I think that it should be a bit deeper...
The problem is....When I put in the surround, I have to make Nellie shift to the left a bit.
She's in there. She's just behind the wall now.
I know that's silly, but I have to have enough room to move around the room. It's like I live there and I don't like it when I have to climb over things.
With her in this position, the door doesn't open far enough to comfortably walk into the room. She would have to shimmy around the edge of the door.
I am going to have to think about furniture placement and walkways for a bit.
While I am waiting for a solution to pop into my head, I wound spools of thread....Yes that is correct. I went and checked. Saint Aubins was winding spools with embroidery thread with a fancy thread winder in 1770, so I am guessing that the spools had been used before that. It may not be totally correct, but in a lot of things about embroidery, practices have not changed since the middle ages. I think that the spools would be the logical way to store threads. Skeins of short pieces of gold thread were stored wrapped in paper.
I don't know where Tessie is, but Nellie seems to be taking lessons from her on how to annoy people. She has been rummaging through my silk fabric. She is ordering by the yard...It's just a good thing that a yard in her world is 1/12 of a yard in my world.
Between that, cutting fabric and pricking patterns, I should be keeping busy until I solve the positioning problem...Wish me luck.
See you tomorrow.