Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Big Things Get in the Way...

Sometimes, the real world encroaches on the mini world...

When that happens, I have to wheel and deal with Tessie...

This morning I found her in the townhouse, sulking.

I had to play "Let's Make a Deal" with her to get her out of the mood she was in...

It was finally agreed that I would help her clean her closet if she would help me with mine... I thought I got the better end of the deal.....

Hers took all of five minutes...
Mine took a little longer...

Just inside my closet door is a high shelf with a basket full of knitted scarves.  She climbed up there and promptly took a nap...

I heard her mumble "Warm and cozy...", as she drifted off.


Later, as I was taking out all of the hanging clothes and putting them on the bed to sort, she amused herself by playing "Jungle Jim" on the empty hangers that were left.

This is what she calls helping....?

Sometimes I just feel like taking a day off from the minis and doing something serious....My closet was getting quite serious.  It was getting to look similar to the dreaded workroom.  Let's not talk about that...

As I worked, without any help what so ever, she wandered around looking for stuff that she could use.
Then it happened.  A six story house!  She found the shelf unit that we keep all of our DVDs and CDs.

I bought it just because it had a peaked roof.  I found it at a garage sale for a couple of dollars a few years ago.

I confess.  I sneaked it in the house when she wasn't looking and she doesn't normally spend any time in our closet. 

I told her, early on, that there were no minis in there.  Total loss of interest, immediately.

You do not want to hear the names that she called me or the rant about dishonesty that she went into when she saw the shelf...

She climbed to the top, making note of movies that she wanted to see and CDs that she wanted to listen to, as she ascended.
At the very top, she found "The Wizard of OZ".  I think it is a DVD that April left behind, years ago.
That shows you how often we weed out the shelf unit.

She sounded kind of like Ricky Ricardo.  "Casey!  You got a lot of splainin' to do!"

After about 20 minutes of explaining, I made no headway.  So I left.... I will go back and finish after she cools down.

As I see it, it is either a choice of making the CD shelf into a 6 room house for her or figure out something else that will appease her...NO.....I am no starting Spiderwort Manor!  And no, she can't have the shelf unit. 

What to do???  I have to go finish the closet and think of something to keep Tessie happy...I have my work cut out for the rest of the day.

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Véronique said...

Is that a pogo stick? The image of Tessie jumping around on it is rather funny :-)
As for decluttering closets and building houses out of cd-racks... good luck with that! I'm hoping you will find something to distract Tessie :-)
Véronique

Caseymini said...

Veronique, it is indeed a pogo stick. Tessie has had it for several years and does know how to use it. She keeps trying to send messages by hopping from one key to another on the computer... No luck so far! Thank goodness she doesn't know how to work the "send" button!

12Create said...

Good luck sorting that one out Casey. Love the pogo stick. Every town house should have one!

Marisa said...

I see a copy of Cowboy Bebop in your DVD collection..I have a copy too it was one of my favorites to watch on adult swim.

Caseymini said...

Love Cowboy Bebop the movie. I am glad I'm not the only one!LOL