Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, September 14, 2013

While Walter's Away....

Casey will play.... I started off with good intentions...I got this far on the macramé.

The elephant is not fastened in place.  Just a trial. 

I used #5 pearl cotton and a twig from one of the rosemary bushes in the yard.

I was trying to decide if I liked it or not, so I took a break...Bad decision...
I was wandering around U Tube territory and found instructions for Viking knit with wire... Oops...Off on another tangent.

It took me all of ten minutes to learn how to do it and a lot longer to get it right.

It is simply looping wire around and around, but the trick is getting the loops even.

This was one long piece.  It can be cut anywhere, trimmed and used.


This is how it looks while the work is in progress. I just used some # 26 craft wire.  You can do as little as four loops and on up.  I did five on this one.

After it is finished, you run it through a sizing block with different holes in it to make it smaller and longer.

I didn't happen to have one of those, so I used adjustable pliers and winged it.  It doesn't look too bad.  It would look a lot better if I had a proper block.

I am now trying to talk myself into going back to macramé.... Trying....  This is too much fun.

Back to work.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: